Friday, December 24, 2004

Book club

I am so excited with the idea of joining or forming a book club. It would be so much fun, to read and discuss books. Even better is if the club will not limit itself to discussing books, but also include art, films, music, etc. In a word, a cultural group, wherein the aim is to develop one's culture and intellect. I am more interested in politics, current affairs, and social issues.

So basically, what I have in mind is a book club or a reading and discussion group that focuses on things that matter in life.

I wish to start one, hopefully soon. I can start by inviting a few friends and my Pangga.

My concern though is that not many people read books. Plus, books are expensive these days, so most people would rather buy food and clothes than books. But it would be great to develop the habit of reading among people. It improves the intellect and enhances our senses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home